- NBC’s has shifted the launch of its new drama “Council of Dads.” The series will premiere Tuesday, March 24 at 10 p.m. ET/PT immediately following the season finale of “This Is Us.”
- The show will then return in its new timeslot beginning Thursday, April 30 at 8 p.m.
- The network’s hit drama “New Amsterdam” will air March 10 and 17 in its normal 10 p.m. timeslot.
- Family takes on a different meaning in “Council of Dads” when Scott Perry, a loving father of five, has his entire life’s plan thrown into upheaval by an unexpected health scare. He calls on a few of his most trusted friends to step in as back-up dads to help guide and support his growing family – just in case he ever can’t be there to do it himself. There’s Anthony, Scott’s oldest and most loyal friend; Larry, his tough-love AA sponsee; and Oliver, his dedicated doctor and wife’s dearest friend. Together, they discover that there’s more to being a father than anyone could do alone – and more to being a family than they ever thought possible.
- “Council of Dads” stars Sarah Wayne Callies, Clive Standen, Tom Everett Scott, J. August Richards, Blue Chapman, Emjay Anthony, Michele Weaver, Thalia Tran, Steven Silver and Michael O’Neill.
- The show is inspired by best-selling author Bruce Feiler’s book “Council of Dads.”
- Tony Phelan & Joan Rater (“Grey’s Anatomy”) will write and executive produce along with David Gould and Jason Wilborn. Jerry Bruckheimer, Jonathan Littman (CSI franchise) and KristieAnne Reed (“Lucifer,” “CSI: Cyber”) will executive produce.
- “Council of Dads” is produced by Universal Television in association with Jerry Bruckheimer Television and Midwest Livestock Productions.
Rebecca Marks, Rebecca.Marks@nbcuni.com, 818-777-3030
Stuart Levine, Stuart.Levine@nbcuni.com, 818-777-9828