- Premieres Tuesday, May 28 from 10-11 p.m. ET/PT before moving to Wednesday, Aug. 14 from 9-10 p.m.
- The series provides a one-of-a-kind opportunity for talented up-and-coming songwriters to be exposed to and mentored by three music producers per episode who are responsible for today’s biggest hits.
The panel of producer-songwriters includes Ryan Tedder (lead singer of OneRepublic and Grammy Award-winning producer of Adele, Beyoncé and Taylor Swift), Ester Dean (Grammy-nominated songwriter and producer of Rihanna, Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj) and Shane McAnally (Grammy-winning songwriter and producer of Kacey Musgraves, Kelly Clarkson and Sam Hunt with 38 #1 country records).
- The series takes an inside look at the creative process and provides one winner per episode the opportunity to have their song recorded for a global audience by the chart-topping guest recording artists featured in their show.
- “Songland” is executive produced by Emmy Award-winning producer Audrey Morrissey (“The Voice”), director Ivan Dudynsky, Eurythmics co-founder Dave Stewart, Chad Hines, and multi-Grammy-winning recording artist and Maroon 5 lead singer Adam Levine. Josh Gummersall will serve as producer along with Ryan Tedder. The concept was devised by Stewart, Morrissey and Dudynsky.
- “Songland” is produced by Live Animals in association with Universal Television Alternative Studio, Dave Stewart Entertainment and 222 Productions.
“BRING THE FUNNY”
- Premieres Tuesday, July 9 from 10-11 p.m. ET/PT.
- “Bring the Funny” will feature the world’s best comedic acts and will embrace every style of comedy performance in one competition.
- The series will feature the best of the best stand-ups, sketch troupes and comedic variety acts. From solo comics to musicians, magicians, puppeteers, YouTubers and more — anyone who can make audiences laugh will have the chance to receive the career-changing $250,000 prize package and see their name in lights in the “Bring the Funny” showcase.
- Judges are “Saturday Night Live’s” longest-running cast member Kenan Thompson, cultural tastemaker Chrissy Teigen and comedy icon Jeff Foxworthy. Comedian Amanda Seales serves as host.
- David Friedman and Matilda Zoltowski executive produce the series. Just for Laughs President Bruce Hills serves as consulting producer. The series is produced by Universal Television Alternative Studio.
Rebecca Marks, Rebecca.Marks@nbcuni.com, 818-777-3030
Traci Saulsberry, Traci.Saulsberry@nbcuni.com, 818-777-6649