The Primetime News Special Will Examine the State of Play of the Latino Vote As Election Day Approaches
José Díaz-Balart, Felicidad Aveleyra and Julio Vaqueiro Will Anchor Noticias Telemundo’s News Special
WHAT: With less than three weeks until Election Day, Noticias Telemundo presents a live one-hour special, ‘TRUMP O BIDEN: LOS LATINOS PIDEN’, to examine the state of play of the Latino vote. The special will focus on what is motivating Latino voters as the election draws near and explore the key issues resonating with Hispanics from the economy to the coronavirus pandemic to immigration. The special will also include the latest polls and a breakdown and analysis of key congressional races.
WHEN: Thursday, October 15 at 10P ET/9P CT.
WHERE: The special will air live on Telemundo and livestream simultaneously on NoticiasTelemundo.com, Noticias Telemundo’s new mobile app and Noticias Telemundo’s YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. Noticias Telemundo’s digital platforms will also feature exclusive content presented by Telemundo correspondent Damià Bonmatí.
WHO: Anchors José Díaz-Balart, Felicidad Aveleyra and Julio Vaqueiro will host the special. Senior Washington D.C. Correspondent Cristina Londoño and Correspondent Javier Vega will report live with the latest news on the campaigns of President Donald Trump and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.
Joining Noticias Telemundo’s coverage will be an on-air political analyst team of Victoria DeFrancesco Soto (assistant dean for civic engagement and a lecturer at the LBJ School of Public Affairs of Texas at Austin), Alfonso Aguilar (president of Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles) and Clarissa Martinez (vice president of policy and advocacy at UnidosUS).
Continue to follow Noticias Telemundo’s coverage of the 2020 election across all of its platforms with the latest news, information and resources including:
● Telemundo’s Planifica Tu Voto tool -- an interactive, state-by-state guide which helps voters plan when and how they can vote this year
● T Verifica, Noticias Telemundo’s new fact-checking platform which is focused on social media misinformation and disinformation
● The latest breaking news on Noticias Telemundo’s new mobile app
● Noticias Telemundo’s social-first franchise, #PolitiQué, a video series offering key information about this year’s election
● Radar2020, Telemundo’s new digital English-language news commentary show on YouTube exploring politics and culture from a young Latino perspective
The news special is a part of Telemundo’s Decision 2020 initiative, a non-partisan multiplatform news and civic engagement effort aimed at providing Latinos with comprehensive news, information and resources on the 2020 election. Telemundo’s dedicated landing page for Decision 2020 can be found here.
Specialist, News Publicity