SAN JOSE, CA– (October 30, 2020) – NBC Bay Area / KNTV and Telemundo 48 / KSTS will deliver nonstop multiplatform local coverage and analysis on election night 2020, across both stations in English and in Spanish.
- Coverage on NBC Bay Area kicks off at 3 p.m. with a half-hour local news special anchored by Janelle Wang and Raj Mathai with a team of reporters across the Bay Area covering local ballot measures and races.
- At 4 p.m. NBC News will deliver extended coverage and analysis of election night 2020 led by Lester Holt, Savannah Guthrie, Chuck Todd and Andrea Mitchell from the network’s world headquarters in New York City with more than 100 anchors, correspondents, reporters and contributors bringing viewers the latest from across the country.
- NBC Bay Area will be delivering live local news briefs every half-hour anchored by Raj Mathai and Jessica Aguirre throughout the night updating viewers on local results.
- The station will amplify their on-air election night coverage with a digital newscast from 8 to 11 p.m. that will deliver analysis, information and results about local races in the Bay Area. Hosted by NBC Bay Area’s Garvin Thomas and with reporters dispatched across the region, the live election night special for digital audiences will be available through the station’s mobile apps and websites, Roku, Apple TV and Cozi TV.
- At 11 p.m. the station will air a 35-minute newscast anchored by Raj Mathai and Jessica Aguirre with a team of reporters still stationed in key areas across the Bay Area reporting on ongoing and final local election results and any voting issues.
- NBC News will continue with rolling coverage from New York through at least 1 a.m. PT, and as long as the race continues to unfold.
On the Telemundo 48 side:
- Local coverage begins at 12 p.m. with a half-hour election special anchored by Flavio Lacayo with in-depth coverage on the local ballot measures that matter most to the Hispanic community of the Bay Area.
- At 4 p.m. Telemundo Network News will deliver in-depth national coverage, led by anchors José Díaz-Balart, Felicidad Aveleyra, Vanessa Hauc, Julio Vaqueiro and Paulina Sodi.
- Telemundo 48 will deliver live local news briefs every half-hour during network coverage delivering real-time updates on local results.
- The station will also livestream NBC Bay Area’s digital newscast from 8-11 p.m. on Telemundo 48’s digital platforms.
- At 11 p.m. Telemundo 48 will air a half-hour newscast anchored by Cesar Bayona and Sandra Cervantes with a team of reporters across the Bay Area.
- Telemundo Network News rolling coverage will continue through 12 a.m. PT.
For more information on how to access NBC Bay Area’s digital platforms, visit: https://www.nbcbayarea.com/products/
For more information on how to access Telemundo48’s digital platforms, visit: https://www.telemundo48.com/plataformas/
About NBC Bay Area / KNTV
Owned by NBCUniversal, NBC Bay Area / KNTV is the Bay Area’s investigative station located in the heart of Silicon Valley. The station is committed to providing continuous, in-depth journalism with unique personalities. Along with broadcasting NBC’s award-winning daytime, prime-time and late night programming, NBC Bay Area produces more than 32 hours of news programming each week. The station can be seen locally on Comcast 3 and 703 and over-the-air on 11. COZI TV, the station’s digital network, offers a full schedule of America’s most beloved and iconic television series, hit movies and original programming. COZI TV can be seen locally on Comcast 186 and over-the-air on 11.3.
About Telemundo Telemundo 48 / KSTS
Telemundo 48 / KSTS is Telemundo’s local television station serving the Spanish-speaking community throughout the Bay Area. Owned by NBCUniversal, the station is committed to providing viewers with breaking news and in-depth journalism with their award-winning team of reporters, offering the most up-to-date local news, weather, sports and entertainment headlines through a variety of platforms, including online at TelemundoAreadelaBahia.com and via mobile and social media channels.