- “Deadly Cults” is back for a chilling season two Sunday, April 26 at 7pm ET/PT on Oxygen.
- The series recounts the horrific homicide cases where cult leaders executed manipulative control to sway followers within the group to kill.
- In the season premiere episode titled “Spiritual Warriors,” police must determine if the deaths of three obedient followers who die during an intense sweat lodge ceremony were accidental or if they were pushed too far by a prominent self-help guru.
- Season Trailer: https://www.oxygen.com/deadly-cults/season-2/videos/deadly-cults-is-back-sunday-april-26th
Coming up this season:
- From a Kansas cult killer manipulating followers into accidental deaths to gain life insurance payouts to the founder of the Synanon, a violent cult that began as a drug rehabilitation program, conspiring a murder against a Los Angeles lawyer, the series shares a glimpse into the dark world of cults to show how power and control are used to kill instead of help.
- The series explores the psychology behind cult leaders exploiting fear and hatred in the hearts and minds of their followers, which often leads them to commit acts of violence.
- “Deadly Cults” takes a deep dive into the criminal investigations with interviews with former cult-followers, law enforcement officials, cult experts, and family members and friends closest to the victims.
“Deadly Cults” is produced by Eli Holzman, Aaron Saidman and Bill Pruitt from Industrial Media’s Intellectual Property Corporation and Paul Franklin and Chris Culvenor from Eureka Productions.
Oxygen is a multiplatform crime destination brand for women. Having announced the full-time shift to true crime programming in 2017, Oxygen remains one of the fastest growing cable entertainment networks with popular unscripted original programming that includes the flagship “Snapped” franchise, “Cold Justice,” “Killer Couples,” “Criminal Confessions,” and breakout hit event series such as “The Disappearance of Natalee Holloway,” “Dahmer on Dahmer: A Killer Speaks,” and “Aaron Hernandez Uncovered.” Available in more than 77 million homes, Oxygen is a network of NBCUniversal Entertainment & Lifestyle Group, a division of NBCUniversal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. Watch Oxygen anywhere: On Demand, online, or across mobile and connected TVs.
OXYGEN MEDIA CONTACT: