- Timely and thought-provoking young adult drama series NOUGHTS + CROSSES is set to launch on Peacock on Friday, Sept. 4. This six-episode Peacock Original flips the racial power structure in an alternate world, following the love story of two star-crossed young adults who are divided by their color but united in their love for one another.
- Adapted from the first book in celebrated British author Malorie Blackman’s award-winning breakthrough YA series, NOUGHTS + CROSSES imagines an alternate universe in which history happened in racial reverse. In this world, Africa – or “Aprica” – invaded Europe centuries ago, enslaving its people. In present-day London, “Albion,” slavery is an institution of the past, but Jim Crow-esque segregation laws maintain the power dynamic: a ruling class of Black “Crosses” control the country’s politics, wealth and culture over an oppressed, impoverished underclass of white “Noughts” who are at the brink of revolt. Against this backdrop, a forbidden love story unfolds.
- In NOUGHTS + CROSSES, Callum McGregor (Jack Rowan) is a Nought, and Sephy Hadley (Masali Baduza) is a Cross and the daughter of a prominent politician. Destiny crosses their divergent paths, and they’re swept away in a romance that seems doomed from the start.
- The series stars Jack Rowan, Masali Baduza, Jonathan Ajayi, Helen Baxendale, Paterson Joseph, Josh Dylan, Shaun Dingwall, Jonathan Ajayi, Kike Brimah, Rakie Ayola, Bonnie Mbuli and Ian Hart.
- NOUGHTS + CROSSES is produced by Mammoth Screen, executive produced by Participant and Roc Nation and is distributed internationally by ITV Studios. Lydia Adetunji writes alongside Nathaniel Price and Rachel Le-Lahay. The series is directed by Julian Holmes and Koby Adom and produced by Johann Knobel. Jeff Skoll and Miura Kite executive produce for Participant; Kibwe Tavares, Preethi Mavahalli and Damien Timmer executive produce for Mammoth Screen.
Traci Saulsberry, Traci.Saulsberry@nbcuni.com
Alyssa Sales, Alyssa.Sales@nbcuni.com